SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Invitation For PRE-QUALIFICATION of CONTRACTORS
Government of The Republic of The Gambia
THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE SUKUTA TO JAMBANJELLY ROAD PROJECT
IDB Financing Agreement No. : Istisna’a No.: GM-0084; Loan No.: GM-0083
Invitation for Prequalification No.: IDB/SJRP/PQD/WORKS/01/2014
- 1.This Invitation for Pre-qualification follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in the Daily Observer Newspaper of 9th September 2013 published in The Gambia and online on UN Development Business No. IsDB27-09/13 of 11th September 2013.
- 2.The Government of The Republic of The Gambia has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) towards the cost of the CONSTRUCTION OF THE SUKUTA TO JAMBANJELLY ROAD PROJECT (The Project) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing and its own funds to payments under the contract for the execution of the civil works. The Gambian Agency for the Management of Public Works (GAMWORKS), acting on behalf of the Ministry of Transport, Works and Infrastructure, intends to prequalify contractors for the Project. It is expected that invitations for bids will be made in March 2015.
- 3.The proposed Sukuta-to-Jambanjelly Road links the rural and peri-urban settlements in Kombo South, Brikama Area Council, to the urban and suburban settings of Kombo North, Brikama Area Council and Kanifing Municipal Council, the most densely populated municipality in the country. The proposed road will commence at where the recently constructed Westfield to Sukuta Road Project terminates at the edge of Sukuta (i.e. about 20.00 km from the capital city, Banjul), and runs through Jabang, Jambur, Latria and ends at Jambanjelly in Kombo South. The land use of the road is a mixture of urbanized settings as a result of the expansion of the Greater Banjul Area, rural settlements and agricultural. The road is currently a dirt road which has severely deteriorated.
The Works consist of the construction of a 13.50km road, comprising (2x2 lanes) double carriageways. Each carriageway will have two 3.50m wide traffic lanes (i.e. 7.00m wide asphaltic pavement) on a cement stabilised laterite base course, 1.0m wide covered drains, 3.50m wide parking areas and 1.00m wide sidewalks. The Works will comprise earthworks, pavement construction, drainage works, culverts, and other related activities including relocation of existing utilities, installation of street lighting, erection of road furniture and markings for traffic safety. There will be need for traffic safety and environmental management measures during the execution of the Works, including temporary traffic diversions. The construction period is 20 months, including the mobilisation period.
- 4.Pre-qualification will be conducted through the prequalification procedures specified in the Islamic Development Bank’s “Guidelines for Procurement under IDB Financing” and is LIMITED TO FIRMS AND JOINT VENTURES FROM MEMBER COUNTRIES OF IDB.
- 5.To be Prequalified, Applicants will have to demonstrate in their applications that they are technically and financially competent and that they are sufficiently experienced and have the managerial capability to undertake the Works. An Applicant must also demonstrate that he has been able to execute works of a similar nature and complexity in his past contracts. The minimum qualification criteria are given in the Pre-qualification Document.
- 6.Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information and inspect the Prequalification Document at the address given below from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00pm, Monday to Thursday. A complete set of Pre-qualification Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of D8,000 (Eight Thousand Gambian Dalasis) or US$200 (Two Hundred United States Dollars) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be by cash, cheque or wire transfer to GAMWORKS. The application must clearly state “Request for Pre-qualification Documents for the Construction of the Sukuta to Jambanjelly Road Project.” If application is approved, GAMWORKS will promptly contact the Applicant to collect the documents but under no circumstances will it be held responsible for the late collection or loss of documents.
- 7.Applications for pre-qualification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address below by Thursday 27th November 2014 and be clearly marked “Application to Prequalify for the Construction of Sukuta to Jambanjelly Road Project”. Late Applications will be rejected.
- 8.Applicants will be advised, in due course, of the results of their application. Only firms or joint ventures prequalified under this procedure will be invited to submit bids for the construction contract.
- 9.The address referred to above is:
Kanifing Institutional LayoutSerrekunda, The Gambia
Tel: (+220) 4375340 / 4375341 / 4375342 / 4375343
Notice: Potential tenderers desiring additional information on the procurement in question or the project in general should, unless indicated otherwise, contact the project agency and not the IDB.
Wholesale Oakley Sunglasses
Cheap Oakley Sunglasses